Saturday, April 6, 2013

Odd and Even Numbers

My class just finished a week of noticing patterns in numbers - focusing on skip counting and odd / even numbers.

I have never spent this long on these two concepts, but it went really well.  I had to share the cute things I had found...because these are definitely not my ideas...I'm not that smart!  ;O)


Let me just say that some of these plans have been planned because of our state testing and my school requires that we be absolutely silent on those testing days...so you will see that reflected in the plans on STAAR days.

The Skip Counting Rap video I refer to in the lesson plans is below.  So cute!


And the Odd Todd and Even Steven cutouts and candy distribution lesson (lots of fun) are from the amazing blog:


So, as you can see - I steal ideas from EVERYWHERE!  But here is the end result - my class is awesome at Odd and Even numbers.  So awesome that we made a video of our learning:


Hopefully this will give you some fun ideas about how to take a bunch of different ideas that you find and make them your own!  Happy teaching ~

No comments:

Post a Comment