Thursday, March 21, 2013

Visualization Lesson Plans Revisited

I am currently introducing the concept of visualization to my class.  If you have read my previous post you know it is a weeklong introduction full of fun! 

As I am now in my second year teaching it this way I have tweaked my lesson plans.  If you downloaded them last time you will see that I have changed my materials - no more hamburger…I use salsa now.  It's easier and you don't have to heat it up for the smell.  This year I also had my students get to Quick Draw on the second day after describing my brother's stinky shoes and messy room.  The students are really catching on and so I wanted to move past just talking more quickly.  So below are my revised lesson plans. 



I'm sure you never take something and use it exactly without tweaking it...but I wanted to show how I change my lessons as I adapt to a new group of students each year.  Here are some pictures of my students' illustrations after I told them about the stinky shoes:










Also, here is an attachment with links to the sounds I use during the second week of visualization.  I play the sounds periodically throughout the week and have the students Quick Draw the sounds in their learning journals.  I rarely use all the sounds...but it's nice to have them in case your class needs more practice.


As always, happy teaching ~

No comments:

Post a Comment