Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Inferring Introduction Lesson

Inferring is one of my favorite comprehension strategies to teach.  Tanny McGregor makes it so understandable with her garbage bag introduction lesson in Comprehension Connections.  The kids (and I) LOVE it!  So here is a quick video of the introduction lesson.



And here are a few resources I use when teaching inferring.  Most were found / borrowed / stolen from other great teachers and just put together to help me with my unit on inferring.  The scenario cards and charades are from Into the Book - a random resource I found one day while on the internet.  So those definitely are not mine, but were a huge hit with the students.  The song was also found on the internet.  I make a poster of it and teach it to the students.  Then after they know it and we have discussed it (several days later), the students get a copy to go in their poetry folders.

If you have read my other posts about mini-lessons you know I teach many mini-lessons over a period of time in order to teach a new reading strategy.






I hope you find these helpful...and have as much fun teaching inferring as I do!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE , LOVE!! You are adorable with your students!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete